Updated: July 2018
By using this Site, you are deemed to have agreed to use this Site only for lawful purposes and only for its intended purpose. The Site is made available for information purposes only and is controlled by Clarion from its offices within Washington DC. Visitors who choose to visit this Site from this or other jurisdictions do so on their own initiative. Those visitors are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations in connection with their use of this Site.
The Site is provided for your and others’ personal, non-commercial interest only in the products, services and general business of Clarion, subject to the terms of these terms and conditions of use and all modifications thereto, and the rules that may be published from time to time by Clarion. You may not sell any Content (as defined in this section below) or other material from the Site for any other purpose. All such uses are strictly prohibited without the express prior written consent of Clarion, which may be given or withheld in our discretion. You agree that you will not in any way modify, add to, delete from or tamper with any Content or feature of the Site or interfere in any way with its proper functioning.
This Site is intended to provide users with general information about the products, services and general business condition and operations of Clarion. This Site may be used in the future to purchase products and services of Clarion. The posted information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”) may be viewed by you and/or other users of the Site.
Without limitation of the foregoing, you agree to not use the Site to:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, embarrassing, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Clarion official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose, provided that even in those areas where advertising and promotional materials may be allowed, you shall not upload, post, email or otherwise transmit “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other similarly destructive activity;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
You also agree that you will not collect or store information about the users of this Site or the Content posted by others on this site or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of this Site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic mail or communications. You acknowledge that Clarion does not pre-screen, monitor, review or edit the Content posted by users. However, Clarion and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) at their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content, in whole or part, that, in Clarion’s judgment, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise undesirable, inappropriate or inaccurate. Clarion is not responsible for any failure, non-failure or delay in removing such Content. You acknowledge and agree that Clarion may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Clarion, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Clarion assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings or other information submitted by you or other users to Clarion.
Any or all postings on the Site may be purged periodically in Clarion’s sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that Content you view or post is at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by or submitted to Clarion. You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other Users do not necessarily reflect the views of Clarion and Clarion does not support or endorse any content or otherwise posted by you or any User.
The content on this Site is intended for informational purposes only. Except as expressly permitted, you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit the content of the Site. Only if you obtain prior written consent from us — and from all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property — may you publish, display or commercially exploit any material from the Site, such consent may be given or withheld in our discretion. To seek our permission, you may use the Contact Us form on our Site. If permission is granted by us and by all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property, you may not change or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or other restrictions contained on the Site.
By accessing and using the Site, you agree not to:
- disrupt this Site;
- interfere with or compromise the security of this Site, or any computer, server, account, network, data, software and/or hardware associated with this Site;
- disrupt or interfere with any other visitor’s use of this Site;
- attempt to obtain access to any portion of this Site, any computer, server, account, network, software and/or hardware associated with the Site, from which you are restricted;
- use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or Clarion policies;
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Site;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to Clarion; and
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by User’s use of the Online Service.
In operating this site, Clarion is seeking Content that originates with you and other Site users. Clarion does not solicit nor does it wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site or Clarion’s email addresses, or in any other way. Any information or material submitted or sent to Clarion by any means will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to Clarion you represent and warrant that the information is original to you and that no other party has any rights to the material.
USER’S GRANT OF LIMITED LICENSE
By submitting or sending information or other material to Clarion you grant Clarion the royalty-free, unrestricted, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been waived.
All information, content and material made available by Clarion through this Site, including, without limitation, any computer code, design, text, drawings, photographs, graphics, sound recordings and video recordings as well as any copyrights, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property or proprietary rights comprising the Site or any component or element of the Site is owned by or licensed to Clarion. The compilation of the Content on this Site is the exclusive property of Clarion and its licensors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law. Clarion and its licensors retain all rights in the Content of this Site.
Clarion and all derivations thereof are trademarks of Clarion. Other marks used on the Site are either registered trademarks, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or otherwise protected property of Clarion and may not be used, copied or imitated without the prior written consent of Clarion.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
Clarion respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws and requires our users do the same.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Site infringe your rights, contact us through the Contact Us form on our Site and provide the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on Clarion’s Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Consistent with the goal of Clarion, you may be able to link to third parties’ Sites (“Linked Sites”) from the Site. Linked Sites are not, however, reviewed, controlled or examined by Clarion in any way and Clarion is not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein. These links do not imply Clarion’s endorsement of or association with the Linked Sites. It is your sole responsibility to comply with the appropriate terms of service of the Linked Sites as well as with any other obligation under copyright, secrecy, defamation, decency, privacy, security and export laws related to the use of such Linked Sites and any content contained thereon. In no event shall Clarion be liable, directly or indirectly, to anyone for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed-through these Linked Sites. You should direct any concerns to that site’s administrator or webmaster. Clarion reserves the exclusive right, at its sole discretion, to add, change, decline or remove, without notice, any feature or link to any of the Linked Sites from the Site and/or introduce different features or links to different users.
CLARION, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND ANY SUCH SIMILARLY SITUATED PERSONS OR ENTITIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS OR EXISTENCE OF ANY CONTENT SUPPLIED BY VISITORS OR THIRD PARTIES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY CONTENT SUPPLIED BY VISITORS OR THIRD PARTIES.
WE SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR HARM TO PROPERTY OR PERSON CAUSED BY YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE’S RELIANCE ON CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE THAT IS THE PROPERTY OF VISITORS OR THIRD PARTIES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING AND ACTING ON ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY CLARION ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CLARION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE OPERATION OF THE SITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
CLARION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED AT OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (BY LINK OR OTHERWISE) AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
CLARION MAY TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY SUSPEND ACCESS TO OR DISCONTINUE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE AT ITS DISCRETION, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES OR THAT A VISITOR’S USE WILL BE CONTINUOUS AND/OR ERROR FREE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE CONTENT, INFORMATION AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CURRENT.
YOU AGREE THAT CLARION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND CANNOT GUARANTEE AGAINST THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES OR WORMS, OR UNAUTHORIZED USERS ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS, OR OBTAINING ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE OR YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER SYSTEMS FROM OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, CLARION DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE, ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RELATION TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICE OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AT, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
IN NO EVENT WILL CLARION, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY (i) FOR ANY INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE, EVEN IF CLARION SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE; OR (ii) FOR ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN, OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF THE WEB SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, CLARION’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.